Eating Disorder Support Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, please join us in the feedback thread here!
  • This website may include conversations, media, and content around topics relating to eating disorders, trauma, addiction, and mental health. Please be aware that this content may be upsetting, difficult, or triggering for some. EDSF is intended as a place of safety. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, Feast-ED.org is a resource that lists the organizations set up to help.
1 - 20 of 674 Posts

·
Administrator
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Welcome to the new house. As you can see it's radically different but everything is still here.

Some things to notice.

1- You will notice the archive is not currently visible, there were a number of issues with that so we are working to get it spun up as an actual subdomain to this site. I do not have any timeline for this

2- PM's now work!

3- There is an FAQ you can find it here or at the bottom of the page under Help but I will answer as many of those questions as you ask them here as well

4- There are two links in the nav menu, one for gallery and one for showcase, those do not work but we have to wait for the migration to complete before we can remove those from the templates

5- You will notice that the accumulated titles under your names aren't there YET, I need to emphasize YET. They didn't translate but I will be manually uploading them as soon as earthly possible.

6- No more double posting, no more limits on likes/reactions, MORE REACTIONS THAN JUST LIKE, a mobile view that doesn't objectively hate you, notifications that don't just work under the light of the blood moon every seventh fortnight, and a few dozen other minor errors had plagued the old version for years are all gone.

7- At this exact moment there are roughly 24k posts that are showing a dead Gallery BBCode, we're aware of this, the content is still there but the bbcode is broken, we are working to fix that in the coming weeks.

8- Yes I am posting this before the site goes live because yes I do have magic time powers, yes they are exclusively designed for posting on sites before they have gone live, yes I am aware of how lame that actually is but..............shush

9- Yes the other thread is now closed. Please keep feedback here.

Given the vast change, I'll leave it at that and wait for your questions.

- Kyle

·
League of Legacy
616 Posts
Hello, can I check if Accountability forum has been renamed / moved ? when I search for my thread nothing comes up and it's no longer in my topics/posts

·
League of Legacy
251 Posts
Hello Kyle
First, thank you very much for the message and everything you've done so far with your team !

Really appreciate the improved technical aspect (messages, reactions that are a lot more varied, really cool!).

1. Can I ask if the signature are going to be limited to a few lines strictly ? We used to have free reign on how many lines we needed on old MPA...
  2. Also, is there a way to make the layout clearer ? See how it was organised on MPA > you had clear delineated sections, now it looks like everything is jumbled up and it's hard to tell what is the ED general thread, what is the technical support thread, etc...
Thank you!
EDIT : nevermind about #1, just realised signature are collapsed by default so you have to click on it to see it. :p

Reactions: Iacey

·
League of Legacy
616 Posts

·
League of Legacy
4,582 Posts
Hello Kyle
First, thank you very much for the message and everything you've done so far with your team !

Really appreciate the improved technical aspect (messages, reactions that are a lot more varied, really cool!).

1. Can I ask if the signature are going to be limited to a few lines strictly ? We used to have free reign on how many lines we needed on old MPA...
  2. Also, is there a way to make the layout clearer ? See how it was organised on MPA > you had clear delineated sections, now it looks like everything is jumbled up and it's hard to tell what is the ED general thread, what is the technical support thread, etc...
Thank you!
I'm also wondering if there's going to be an option for a darker/clearer layout. This one hurts my brain.
Edit: Just realised there's an option for a darker theme but it's also very jarring. Both versions are very hard to read/feel like they're gonna give me a migraine.

Will you notify us when and how we can access the archived site again?

·
League of Legacy
2,461 Posts
kyle thank you so so so much to you and the team for moving over our precious wee house brick by brick, that must have been a fucking nightmare but it's looking fab!!

·
Administrator
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Kyle

Thank you!
EDIT : nevermind about #1, just realised signature are collapsed by default so you have to click on it to see it. :p
Can you take a post a screenshot of what you are seeing? The Index should be the same.
I just want to take a moment to thank you for your hard work!! I'm so glad it's up and working again, I hope the mpa spirit moved with us :)
Here's hoping
How do we delete our account? There used to be a button in the settings but its no longer there
You have to request it via the contact us page, here select Privacy Concern in the drop down

·
League of Legacy
251 Posts
@System Support nevermind again, I did not realise I was on the "recommended for you" page. Clicked on the "full forum list" and it's exactly as it used to be :) :) :)
Thank you!
Also, love the ability to @ people ! very practical

·
League of Legacy
2,415 Posts
why the shortening of the signature? am i able to make it longer than 4 lines somehow or was that just from how it carried over?

·
League of Legacy
51 Posts
Thanks for working to do this! Also I just got a pop up asking if I wanted notifications but I pressed not now because I didn't know what type. This might sound stupid but are the notifications only when you're on this website or is it when I have my browser open? Also how can I go back and accept notifications or do I have to wait for the pop up again?

1 - 20 of 674 Posts