Eating Disorder Support Forum banner
  • This website may include conversations, media, and content around topics relating to eating disorders, trauma, addiction, and mental health. Please be aware that this content may be upsetting, difficult, or triggering for some. EDSF is intended as a place of safety. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, Feast-ED.org is a resource that lists the organizations set up to help.
511 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hellonhighheels 
#1 ·
I was looking up the costs for Scar Removal Surgery and the highest for some with like keloids [ while I mostly cover both arms and right thigh ] goes up to like $200,000. That's just for like a large area. My parent's said that they would pay for the surgery before they knew the cost. My mom said she still would but she wonders if my insurance would pay for it.

This was just a question to anyone who knows someone or had this surgery done but do you think my insurance would pay for it?

I know usually plastic surgeries aren't covered by insurance but if this was because of mental health reason do you think they would? We might have to go to court for it but I was just wondering.

You can look at my scars in my gallery on MPA here to just get an idea of the cost if you or a friend had it done.

Thank you

- xx

G
#2 ·
I don't know about America, but in Canada it wouldn't be covered. It's seen as a purely aesthetic thing. I don't know if going to court would help you.

Glad I decided against scar removal surgery though. My scars are similar to yours and I'd much rather just deal with them then spend that kind of money.

#3 ·
I don't know about America, but in Canada it wouldn't be covered. It's seen as a purely aesthetic thing. I don't know if going to court would help you.

Glad I decided against scar removal surgery though. My scars are similar to yours and I'd much rather just deal with them then spend that kind of money.
Yes, I think that here in the US is the same, if it's an elective surgery for aesthetic the insurance won't cover. :\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.