Eating Disorder Support Forum banner
  • This website may include conversations, media, and content around topics relating to eating disorders, trauma, addiction, and mental health. Please be aware that this content may be upsetting, difficult, or triggering for some. EDSF is intended as a place of safety. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, Feast-ED.org is a resource that lists the organizations set up to help.
267 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Pioumi 
#1 ·
Tomorrow I have an appointment at my ED clinic. At the end of February I was hospitalized at the high weight of 106 pounds. I am 5'5. My heart rate was low and I had many other health complications even though I was not extremely underweight. Now, I am 110 pounds but I need to weigh 113 pounds at my appointment. That is how much I weighed last appointment and hopefully they did not expect me to gain more than that since then. I am going to basically eat as much food as I can from tonight until my appointment tomorrow. I was originally going to fake my weigh in by water loading because I do NOT want to gain weight and eat that much, but i am afraid they might test my urine or that it could show up in blood work. Worse, I could get sick from drinking too much water and be exposed. I am also worried about my heart rate being low. It has been in the 50s and my doctors would be happier if it was in the 60s. Does anyone have any tips or can share personal experiences with faking weigh ins and dealing with doctors appointments. ITS SO STRESSFUL.

#2 ·
Awww no! I know completely how your feel! Weight ins are the worst. And also omg same, I was hospitalised twice around that weight too, and I’m only like an inch taller. However I was insanely lucky and the weekly reviews were by my gp not the hospital, and she isn’t an ED expert at all. Like no bloods, and I was straight up wearing more then 5 kilos (+12 pounds) of clothing at a couple points, depending on how much weight I was down. So I basically just maintained my pre hospital weight while water loading and wearing clothes at every appointment until I was considered safe and didn’t have weekly appointments. Thanks doc. Anyway. If they’re as unobservant as my doctor, just pile on the clothes, just by wearing two pairs on jeans you can add almost an extra kilo. Water loading works too, but jesus christ I legitimately pissed myself once at a doctors appointment after drinking 2 litres of water. I know water loading isn’t the safest, but it’s quick if you’re in a pinch, just make sure to put electrolytes in your water, they’re 0 cal too. Good luck! And food wise try going for eating a LOT of super low calorie food? Like weigh out an absurd amount of celery beforehand or something, make it about the actual weight of the food instead of the calories. Also! My heart rate was alway pretty good when I waterloaded, the extra water (in my experience) helped? Ah idk, but like water loading does through off your blood pressure, dietitian confirmed. Good luck!!

#4 ·
Gunna follow this as I need to fake for my next weigh in - I usually hide weights but they know I have a history of faking and last time she asked to pat me down (which I refused but I can't keep refusing or it's suspicious) so I need to bulk up on food and fluid before weighing but obvs don't want to eat loads of calories as that'll mess up my whole day -

so any recommendations for low cal food I can eat the morning of my appointment to be heavier ?? Need to fake like 5kg - some I can drink but otherwise I'll pee myself in the meeting 🤣

#5 ·
Fruits and particularly veggies are perfect. Most of their weight is just water, low calorie, easy to digest, and all in all very healthy

Good luck, I've been through that too, and even if before I didn't understand... now I do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.