Eating Disorder Support Forum banner
  • This website may include conversations, media, and content around topics relating to eating disorders, trauma, addiction, and mental health. Please be aware that this content may be upsetting, difficult, or triggering for some. EDSF is intended as a place of safety. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, Feast-ED.org is a resource that lists the organizations set up to help.

Do you guys indulge?

334 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  grannieannie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, so for the past almost year (excluding binges) I've been really strict about letting myself eat things like candy/sweets, chocolate, bread, and basically anything high in carbs/fat/sugar. I'm worried eating these at all will cause a shit ton of weight gain and I feel like I'm not restricting "well enough" if I let myself enjoy these things or give in to cravings, even with a small amount to tide me over. So do you guys completely forbid yourselves from foods like these or do you consumer in moderation? Is it best to give myself some leeway in terms of food variety? I would still restrict, but I'm wondering if having more options would make life less overwhelming. Also might prevent binges, which is always a plus.

#3 ·
I definitely indulge. Sweets that I buy I budget my calories for but my one thing has been never restricting when I'm eating out with friends or family. Obviously I'll pick a healthy option, but so many social activities are based around food, I'd be depriving myself of good relationships if I didn't let myself go every now and then.

If you deprive yourself ALL THE TIME it only makes it harder on you when you break and decide to indulge. Just work it into your calories and it'll be okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.