Eating Disorder Support Forum banner
  • This website may include conversations, media, and content around topics relating to eating disorders, trauma, addiction, and mental health. Please be aware that this content may be upsetting, difficult, or triggering for some. EDSF is intended as a place of safety. If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, Feast-ED.org is a resource that lists the organizations set up to help.

abc diet accountability

569 views 25 replies 3 participants last post by  boywiththebones 
#1 ·
title. starting tomorrow

#2 ·
going to do a diary for this, and i'm sticking with this instead of the embarrassing trail of accountabilities i'm leaving all over this site. i've wanted to complete the abc diet for a long time i've just never had the willpower. i felt motivated today and yesterday because if i used to be able to live on 250 calories a day, i can channel that energy now

#3 · (Edited)
DAY 1

total calories : 518/500
weight : N/A

no weight today. i'm not going to weigh myself until i can handle it and i'm at least a few days into the diet. i ate after sleeping while watching netflix.

1 pint of halo tops cookie-dough ice cream (360 calories)
half a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (158 calories)

i'm probably going to drink a lot of diet coke and water for the rest of the day.

#4 ·
DAY 2

total calories: 1020/500
weight: N/A

today was a bit of a fail because i had to finish off some stuff that was rotting in the fridge and i couldn't feed it to my chickens. i'm going to list everything this time so its easier to read. today i ate:

half a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (158 calories)
2 packets of fries (156 calories)
3 berry flavoured energy drink (133 calories)
2 packets of plain popcorn (82 calories)
2 bao buns (180 calories)
2 lollies (60 calories)
2 stroop waffles (260 calories)

i ate a lot today so to make up for it and keep the diet on track i'm going to take 500 calories off of the next few days so days 3, 4 and 5 will be 200, 200, 0, and 100. i'm also going to play around with the formatting for these posts. i'll update this thread tomorrow for day 3

#5 ·
DAY 3

total calories: 1100/300
weight: 49.2kg

a bit of a fail again and my weight went up from my last weigh-in (48.8kg) but i can probably lose it this week. what went wrong is that i tried shaving off calories from the new few days which led me to eat more because i was hungry. i think from this point on i'll just let mistakes happen without restricting the abc diet's already low intake. today i ate:

4 packets of popcorn (164 calories)
2 and ?? broken stroop waffles (400 calories)
3 packets of fries (234 calories)
4 lollies (120 calories)
1 kitkat (104 calories)
3 tango blast sugar-free energy drinks (42 calories)

technically i ate 1064 calories but i added extra just in case i miscounted or i have a few more drinks. i finished off the stroop waffles so i won't be eating them anymore, and i'm planning on eating a pint of ice cream and 1 extra snack like i did on day 1 tomorrow. day 4 will be 400 calories. if i go over it 600 is my limit. i'll update tomorrow

#6 ·
DAY 4

total calories: 554/400
weight: 48.8kg

today went better than yesterday, and i'm going to think about my intake for tomorrow (100 calories) i can either finish off the ice cream or eat a mix of popcorn, lollies, jelly, and energy drinks. anyway here is what i ate today:

almost 1 pint of cookie dough ice cream (300 calories)
2 bao buns (180 calories)
1 packet of popcorn (44 calories)
1 lolly (30 calories)

i'll likely be drinking diet coke for the rest of the day. my goal is to weigh 46.9 or less by this time next week (i'll also be pretending that valentines day doesn't exist this year)

#14 ·
DAY 5

total calories: 962/100
weight: 48.4kg

today i realized my mistake in choosing ice cream as my primary source of fuel. i spent the day locked in the bathroom with very graphic diarrhea. i drank a lot of peppermint tea which made it ten times worse. anyway, the ice cream craving has faded now so that's something? today i ate:

1 pint of cookie dough ice cream (360 calories)
1/4 cookie dough pint #2 (99 calories)
1/3 sushi (98 calories)
5 packets of popcorn (220 calories)
1 serving of chicken gyoza (155 calories)
1 lolly (30 calories)

i don't know what happened with the popcorn but i'm going to stop buying it. if anyone is curious my ice cream is halo top and oppo. i'm doing both updates today but day 6 will come later because i haven't gotten enough sleep for the scale to be accurate and the diarrhea made me bloated as fuck.

#15 · (Edited)
DAY 6

total calories: 1280/200
weight: 48.6kg

i was so ready to stick to 200 calories but the people i was with got suspicious about how they hadn't seen me eat today and made me eat with them. then i ate a bit more because they were still suspicious.

1 peanut butter and jam sandwich (250 calories)
1 fried egg and bagel (220 calories)
bischoff spread (440 calories)
1 bite off a banana sludge i accidentally made (50 calories)
1 crumpet (99 calories)
1 serving of chicken gyoza (155 calories)

adding 20 extra calories for tea, stevia, and diet coke.

today was a massive fail. i'm going to have to step up if i want to be doing the actual abc diet. i'll update tomorrow and i will have stayed under 600 calories. putting it at the end of this post to motivate myself. i got my period today which explains the +0.2 gain of today -- i'll probably hit a plateau until it's over but i'll keep restricting and the weight will drop off at the end of the week.

#16 ·
not a proper update, but i might be forced to eat today. my mum noticed that i haven't had dinner this week and is going to order us something. if i'm forced and can't pretend to eat i'll choose something low-calorie and stay under 1000-1200. maybe i should save my calories for when i'm eating in front of people so they stop getting suspicious. back when i was eating 800-1200 calories a day no one was suspicious at all.

debating starting over entirely because while i'm losing weight i'm making no progress with the diet. i'll post a full update later

#21 · (Edited)
DAY 7

total calories: 1000/300

i was made to eat. i tried opting for the lowest calorie dinner which powdered was mac and cheese and it didn't mix properly so i was chewing on crunchy shells and cheese powder. by that point i was feeling some binge triggers because i hate people watching me eat, but the mac and cheese managed to put me off lol. i have another serving i'll have to eat at some point -- next time i'll rescue it with some baby bels and almond milk. the other stuff i was made to eat wasn't as bad but i had opted to stay alone today.

bischoff spread (320 calories)
1 slice of bischoff on toast (100 calories)
1 fried egg sandwich (216 calories)
2 servings of popcorn (82 calories)
1 serving of mac n cheese (250 calories)
1 pot of jelly (7 calories)
gum, tea, and diet coke (16 calories)

i haven't posted tomorrow's update (i write two in one day) yet but i've done a lot better. won't be around anyone either. i can't wait for the period bloating to end so i can weigh myself. also no more bischoff spread after tomorrow -- it's too easy to eat too much of. i'll either throw it away or give it to someone.

earlier i said that i might quit but i'm not planning on it. i've made a lot of mistakes but hopefully i can learn from them as i continue or restart the diet.

#22 ·
DAY 8

total calories: 474/400

too tired to write about the day so i'll just get straight to listing what i ate today. the one pint of ice cream a day thing is back. what i ate today:

1 pint of cookies and cream ice cream (370 calories)
bischoff spread (88 calories)
tea, gum, and black coffee (16 calories)

i've prepared a bischoff banana and peanut butter shake for tomorrow and i might eat it with leftover mac n cheese!

#25 · (Edited)
DAY 9

total calories: 804/500
weight: 48.4kg

i think i overestimated the calories on the smoothie because the recipe said it was 350 calories for a full serving and i had half but i substituted some ingredients so i'm paranoid about counting the calories wrong. what i ate today:

1/2 bischoff banana and peanut butter shake (300 calories)
1 pot of mac n cheese (250 calories)
2 babybels (140 calories)
2 servings of popcorn (82 calories)
2 cans of tango berry blast (26 calories)

i'm not doing the fast for day 10 i'll be doing a maintenance day instead. the aesthetics of this thread bother me but i don't know how to make it look better lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.